List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] A 'Hello!' and brief question...
From:       "Andras Mantia" <amantia () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2006-02-15 14:52:07

> On Tue February 14 2006 19:23, Carl Hartung wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I've just subscribed and want to say "Hi!" to everybody and also ask for
> some
>> help solving a problem. I'm a text editor oriented person trying to join
>> the
>> 21st century and experiment with a wysiwyg environment (mostly static
>> 'mom
>> and pop' websites at the moment.)
>>
>> I've got to say Quanta 3.5 has got me excited, at first glance, but for
>> one
>> problem:
>>
>> I can open single pages and work on them, but when I define or open a
> project,
>> once I've finished adding files and folders to it, I click 'Next' and
>> Quanta
>> falls right over. Nothing in .xsession-errors that I can see and nothing
>> shows up in dmesg. It /does/ accomplishing writing the xml project file
> (ever
>> item included marked as 'status 1') and it leaves a .session file behind
>> (seems to be very nicely behaved when it quits.)
>>
>> I launched it from a shell w/ '%U', created a new project and got this
>> at
> the
>> point of the crash:
>>
>> "symbol lookup error: quanta: undefined symbol:
>> _ZN18KRecentFilesAction6addURLERK4KURLRK7QString"
>>
>> I'm running version 3.5 on KDE 3.4.3 Level 'b' on SUSE 9.3; uname -a:
>> "linux 2.6.11.4-21.10-default #1 Tue Nov 29 14:32:49 UTC 2005 i686
>> athlon
> i386
>> GNU/Linux"
>>
>> I upgraded from the 'stock' SUSE 9.3 version due to a similar problem.
>>
>> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> TIA & regards,
>>
>> Carl
>>

> Having the same requirements as yours, I've tried and adopted (so far) nvu
> (http://www.nvu.com).
>
> Quanta people : sorry for being off topic ;-)

Wrong solution for a non-Quanta problem: the problem is that the Quanta
version you are running is compiled against a different version of KDE
than what you have. You either mixed up the versions on your system, or
SUSE did something wrong. Easiest solution: compile Quanta from source.
Instructions are in the README file and on the FAQ pages.

Andras