List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] A 'Hello!' and brief question...
From:       Carl Hartung <suselinux () cehartung ! com>
Date:       2006-02-14 18:23:09

Hi All,

I've just subscribed and want to say "Hi!" to everybody and also ask for some
help solving a problem. I'm a text editor oriented person trying to join the
21st century and experiment with a wysiwyg environment (mostly static 'mom
and pop' websites at the moment.)

I've got to say Quanta 3.5 has got me excited, at first glance, but for one
problem:

I can open single pages and work on them, but when I define or open a project,
once I've finished adding files and folders to it, I click 'Next' and Quanta
falls right over. Nothing in .xsession-errors that I can see and nothing
shows up in dmesg. It /does/ accomplishing writing the xml project file (ever
item included marked as 'status 1') and it leaves a .session file behind
(seems to be very nicely behaved when it quits.)

I launched it from a shell w/ '%U', created a new project and got this at the
point of the crash:

"symbol lookup error: quanta: undefined symbol:
_ZN18KRecentFilesAction6addURLERK4KURLRK7QString"

I'm running version 3.5 on KDE 3.4.3 Level 'b' on SUSE 9.3; uname -a:
"linux 2.6.11.4-21.10-default #1 Tue Nov 29 14:32:49 UTC 2005 i686 athlon i386
GNU/Linux"

I upgraded from the 'stock' SUSE 9.3 version due to a similar problem.

TIA & regards,

Carl