List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] vpl-view not working with <!--[if lt IE 7]> ?
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-02-13 17:22:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Ok, something is wrong, and maybe you're right, Quanta has its share of
the problem, altough not why you say.
The best way to see what Quanta thinks about your document is to view
the Document Structure:

<!--[if lt IE 7]>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/schrott.css" type="text/css">
  <![endif]-->
<a></a>

This translates to an unterminated comment block, so <a></a> is treated
as part of the comment.
The problem seems to be "<![endif]-->", which is not treated as the end
of the comment (I don't know yet why). As I see this is something where
you cheat IE, by putting a tag into a comment which is somehow (I don't
know how) recognized by other browsers. As Quanta is NOT a browser and
doesn't try to reproduce or workaround parser bugs and it will just
work on the real content you write, it is natural that it will think
that everything there is a comment.

Just for the test, if you use:
<!--[if lt IE 7]
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/schrott.css" type="text/css">
  [endif]-->

or
<!--[if lt IE 7]-->
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/schrott.css" type="text/css">
  <!--[endif]-->

it is OK, isn't it? If yes, I will try to find why "<![endif]-->" is not
treated as the end of a comment.

Andras