List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Quanta FTP access
From:       "Schimara Marek" <marecek () listonos ! cz>
Date:       2006-02-07 16:16:28

Hi all,

I know that FTP access is discouraged on security basis, but it's the only way for me \
unless FTP-S (ftp+tls) is supported. However I didn't find any information on how to \
make it work with Quanta.

In the "kinfocenter" the FTP protocol is available, but it doesn't show in the Quanta \
project wizard (in the dropdown menu). The only way to make it appear there is to \
change the KDE network proxy settings from "manual" to "direct connection to the \
internet". But, as I can't access the internet directly that doesn't really help...

I have tried to connect to my provider's site using Konqueror (ftp://user@site \
method) and it works fine as long as my proxy is set correctly (e.g. manual in KDE \
control center). I can download whole site using an ftp client and work locally, but \
I would prefer to work directly on the server.

My KDE version is 3.3, Quanta 3.3 / Debian with 2.6.11 kernel.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :-)
Marek