List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] How to use Xdebug with Quanta?
From:       Linus McCabe <Linus () McCabe ! nu>
Date:       2006-01-31 13:49:40

Hello

I saw your initial mail and tried to respond. Because I recently moved I
have been without internet connection for a while and thus I had to
reply from work. It seems the mail didnt make it to the list, I hope I
have better luch this time.

Anyway, All I said in the previous mail was that i couldnt access my
home computers due to the move but that I'd get back to you when I
could. I still havent got my computers running at home, so I cant give
you any step by step instructions right now.

Are there any specific questions you have, I can probably reply to them
out of my head.

Other than that: youll need xdebug from CVS (important!)
Once you have it running correctly (check phpinfo), enable xdebug in
your quanta project settings. I think the settings are quite
self-explanatory (but it seems that it's just me thinking that :)

Once the debugger is activated in the project, youll get a debug toolbar
and menu.

Then start a browser, visit a php-page and add the
?XDEBUG_SESSION_START=x (I dont remember if this is the correct name,
check the xdebug website) to the query and the debugger should be enabled.

sorry for the late reply, let me know if you need more detailed help and
ill send it once i have things wokring at home...

/Linus