List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] DCOP CVS service
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-01-17 13:09:25

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 12:43 am, Mark Howells wrote:
> I'm not sure whether this is a cervisia problem or Quanta but here goes.
>
> Whenever I try to use Quanta's CVS facilities I get the error "Sorry - CVS
> DCOP service. You have to set a local working copy directory before you can
> use this function".
>
> The Cervisia GUI works fine on this directory - I can update my files from
> the remote repository.
>
> The command
>
> $ dcop | grep cvsservice
>
> gives
>
> cvsservice-5947
> cvsservice-17291
>
> but when run as root returns zilch.
>
> Clearly I can get the job done using the Cervisia gui but it's irritating
> me ....
>
> Any ideas on how to make Quanta integrate with DCOP/CVS would be
> appreciated
>
> I'm using KDE 2.4.2
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark

Do you have a project loaded? Is your project root the same directory? Most
likely this will be a forehead slapper since Quanta loads up Cervisia with
the project directory. Otherwise if you are talking Quanta menus it's
possible there is a conflict between your kdewebdev (Quanta) and kdesdk
(Cervisia) versions that provide cvsservice. That seems unlikely but we'd
need to know the versions of both, and of course there is no 2.4.2. ;-)
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org