List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Wish: combine Search and File Search
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () freemail ! hu>
Date:       2006-01-16 19:37:22

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 16 January 2006 18:25, Oleg Sverdlov wrote:
> Why not to join Search and File Search into one tabbed dialog?
>

> First tab: Find
>
> Second:  Find+Replace
>
> Third:  Find in files
>
> Fourth: Find and replace in files.
>

> Before adding it to bugzilla as a wish I would like to discuss it
> here.

The problem is (if I understood correclty):

- search and search & replace are editor actions and provided by
whatever editor is used in Quanta (katepart by defaul)
- search and replace in files is provided by another application,
KFileReplace.

Duplicating them in Quanta is not the solution.

> (and alt+ctrl+f shortcut doesnt' always work)
And what is happening there?

Andras