List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Toolbars and Templates folder
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-12-22 15:14:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 22 December 2005 16:42, quanta@steamedpenguin.com wrote:
> Andras Mantia writes:
> > Use a .dotname when you create a project. And do the same for
> > toolbars/templates. Yes, it is not the default, but we are all
> > different.
>
> I am curious.
>
> You already indicated that Quanta puts .webprj, .session as well as
> toolbars and temapltes in the project path for easier sharing. I can
> live with that answer.
>
> I am curious though why these files have to be unhidden?

1. Open a project from a file manager.
2. I don't like the idea to hide files from the user. We might hide in
the project view, but doing so on a general level is bad. At least this
is my opinion, and yes, I always enable "show hidden files" on every
platform I work. I want to know what files are on my hard disk.

> When you
> give answers like that it sounds like compromise isn't interesting at
> all to you.

No, I mean that having that as a default is wrong, especially if it is
possible to achieve the same reason even now.

> With making the files hidden you preserve the ability to share, and
> you are more unixy. What's the problem?

In this case maybe simply preference, see above.

Andras