List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Absolute v's relative paths in links
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-12-22 11:49:24

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Mike,

please make sure that you do not reply to a message on the list but start a
new thread.

> I use a script to insert template code, such as std menus for every page on
> a site.  If I have a tree of directories then I have to use links that
> differ depending on the depth of that page in the directory hierarchy.  ie
> I have to prepend "../../" etc. to the link.  Where an ISP webserver
> supports the use of absolute paths, relative to the website root, it is not
> necessary to use relative paths and so I can use the same template for all
> pages regardless of where they are in the tree.  Can I have the same
> behaviour in Quanta without having to setup the site on localhost
> webserver?  Or is this a khtml issue rather that a Quanta issue?

I think you should be able to add a base tag to your head section in your
pages.

	<base href="http://www.yourdomain.info/" />

Having this in your document makes all relative links relative to this
location and not relative to the location of the document.

Beware of side effects though. Quanta does not understand this yet and it
might be that you get unwanted results in a preview or somewhere else.

Jens