List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Q: split-window mode?
From:       "Oleg L. Sverdlov" <oleg () ols ! co ! il>
Date:       2005-12-21 21:19:26

Troy Galloway wrote:

>Child-Frame Mode might do what you are wanting.

I tried all modes. Some of them were garbled (KDE3.5, FC4) and virtually
unuseable. In some specific mode I was able to open two windows
side-by-side. But when I switch between the windows , a toolbar with
buttons (CSS toolbar in my case) appeared every time a window got focus,
and disappeared afterwards. The text was moving up and down. This was
useless. I ended up opening two vi windows.

At the very least I would like to see a way to disable toolbars at the
top of the window. I don't use them in PHP mode. It will give us more
screen estate too.

Regards,
Oleg.