List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Installing/Upgrading Version 3.5
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-12-20 11:30:51

On Monday 19 December 2005 7:35 pm, Jens Herden wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 December 2005 10:26, Dick Barmann wrote:
> > Quanta version 3.5.0 is a tar.bz2 file. Being new to Linux I would like
> > to know if this can be installed as an upgrade to the version 3.4.0 that
> > I have i kubuntu. I have KDE 3.4.3 but do not know how to extract or
> > install the bz2 file. Thanks.
>
> Being new to Linux usually triggers this reply:
>
> Do not compile yourself but search for binary packages from your
> distribution.
>
> AFAIK packages for Kubuntu to upgrade to KDE 3.5 are available. I think you
> have to configure your package manager to look in another repository and
> then it is straight forward. I am not using Kubuntu so I can not tell you
> more.
>
> Jens

Like Jens said... If you really want the answer for how to do geeky things
like compiling go to http://tldp.org and you will find a virtual paradise of
geek information. It's not so much a difficult thing as a learning experience
about new ways to do things. It may be useful at some time, but getting the
packages already built is by far the easiest solution.
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org