List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] File changed outside of Quanta error
From:       Chris Martin <linux () chriscodes ! com>
Date:       2005-12-02 17:21:36

Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Thursday 01 December 2005 23:37, Chris Martin wrote:
>> 1. Open a project
>> 2. Edit a file and save
>> 3. Open Cervisia plugin
>> 4. Select the file you edited, Right click and select commit
>> 5. Enter Log message and click OK
>> 6. Click the tab to go back to the original file and file changed
>> dialog appears
>
> Not here. I tried with a local CVS server and with a remote one as well.

I am using a remote CVS server

> It works without the dialog, both with the integrated CVS commands and
> the Cervisia plugin.
> So some questions/ideas:
> - try to upgrade kdesdk as well to 3.5.0

Upgraded all of KDE to 3.5.0 as Kubuntu has released the packages now.

> - does it happen if you use the integrated CVS commands (from the tab
> context menu, for example)?

Yes (CVS options are back now)

> - what is your cvs client version? I have 1.12.12.

CVS 1.12.9

> - is your project on a local disk or mounted from an nfs/samba share?
> Try with a real local project, if it is mounted now.

The project is local

> - open the same file in an external editor (while it is opened in
> Quanta) and add a new character to it and delete after (not undo) and
> save. Does the dialog appear? (It shouldn't although the timestamp
> changes.)

No it doesn't appear in this situation. It does appear (as expected) if
I actually add to the file from the external editor.

> Other users, if you use CVS, please see if the dialog appears for you or
> not. It appeared in 3.4.x, but I'm interested in 3.5.0 final or SVN
> from the 3.5 branch.

I'll try and grab the latest svn later (maybe not till the weekend) and
try it too. Especially since the 'save as' is fixed there.
I can also try on my home machine(s) as well.

Thanks,
Chris