List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta]  quanta startup problem (KNewStuffSecure)
From:       Seheb Torres <sehebtmx () yahoo ! com ! mx>
Date:       2005-10-02 7:01:35

I have the same problem like Joan Roig, but in my case
the libknewstuff.so.1 is linked with a something that
exist,it is linked to libknewstuff.so.1.0.0, I'm using
Mandriva 10.2 LE and i download the kdewebdev called
kdewebdev-3.4.2.tar.bz2 and i tried to compile but i
get errors, so i look in the rpm archives of mandriva
and i found in mandriva cooker a rpm version called
kdewebdev kdewebdev-3.4.2-6mdk.i586.rpm, so i
installed it without problems but when i startup
quanta i get the same error like Joan:
$ quanta
quanta: symbol lookup error: quanta: undefined symbol:
_ZTI15KNewStuffSecure

Can you help me to fix it please?
I'm a user of quanta for three years and now that i'm
upgrade from mandrake 9.2 to mandriva 10.2 LE and i
noticed that the quanta that comes with mandriva 10.2
LE don't work properly i'm feel really deseperate to
get latest stable version of quanta to work asap, to
me is the most important tool of my linux box

Thank you

>$ ldd /usr/bin/quanta | grep -i knew
>        libknewstuff.so.1 =>
/usr/lib/libknewstuff.so.1 (0xb7f00000)

>and... libknewstuff.so.1 was a symbolic link to
something that didn't
>exist (anymore?). I relinked it to
libknewstuff.so.1.0.0 (that seemed
>to be a real library and not and empty link) and...
jaja!!! quanta is
>working again. I guess there was some problem
upgrading debian kde