List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta lost function for automatic ascii-recoding
From:       Markus Locher <markus () ayubowan ! de>
Date:       2005-09-13 11:31:15

[Attachment #2 (text/html)]

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
You are right for all general html-files used to display data in the
"normal" internet.<br>
For many other reasons, it would have been very useful to enable the
"automatic recode"-function. I'm working on XML-files, which need to be
in utf-8 charset and special characters have to be encoded - can you
imagine the endless decrease of effort for me.&nbsp; And secondly not all
browsers can handle special characters in general. We develope an
application, which supports it&acute;s own browser for displaying helps and
stuff. This internal java browser doesn't like special chars and
therefore I have to encode it (not all company employees are allowed to
have or able to have "normal" browsers)<br>
Andras Mantia wrote:<br>