List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta lost function for automatic ascii-recoding
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-09-13 10:31:55

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 13 September 2005 12:57, Markus Locher wrote:
> Hello Maillist,
>
>  I searched a lot, but found nothing even in forums of kde - so I
> hope anyone can help me here. I'm using Quanta as a favourite
> developing tool, because I like one very special thing....
>
>  recoding of ASCII-Chars like (ö,ä,ß, ...) automaticly while writing
> them.

No, it did not lost this function. It is just smarter now, meaning that
it will replace only the characters that cannot be encoded. At least we
did not see any reason to replace characters that can be stored
natively in the file.

>  I don't know why! I can't remeber when! What I know is...I want it
> back!
Set your files to iso-8859-1 and you will have them...hm, but it seems
that those chars are part of the iso-8859-1 standard as well.

So you mean that there is a need to change the characters to their
encodig values even if they can be stored natively? If yes, in which
case?
 The characters you have listed can be saved in an iso-8859-1 document
and all browsers should be able to deal with them correctly.

Andras