List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] I hate Orbitz!
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-08-24 23:17:54

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 11:24 pm, Eric Laffoon wrote:
> So I was looking for tickets and of course this
> late it's a losing proposition... I just found tickets at an acceptable
> price and I have my airfare covered.

Hi all,
just in case anyone is interested those tickets I found at a reasonable price
on orbitz.com... Last night at midnight it said I had to call the airlines,
but when I did they said I had to call during working hours EST, which means
5 AM Pacific time. Turns out Orbitz was off by about $1800 and I understand
they do this a lot. After much lost sleep and frustration it seems that the
money that was committed contingent on tickets is somewhere between $500-$700
short of my best guess on priceline.com. Actually I'm $300 dollars closer
now, but this does not include extra travel between Portland and Seattle for
connecting flights or accommodations. I don't feel right spending that much
money on me when I owe so much to Andras and Michal, but the money committed
for my airfare _must_ be expensed for my travel. So unless someone is
compelled to benevolently insist I go in the next 8 hours (as much as $400) I
will be sitting this one out. Not that I'm complaining. I've given up and
several times and started packing several times. After it's over I can
relax. ;-)

Of course we can all still buy Andras dinner and I still owe him money. So our
funding requirement remains. I just don't feel right allocating too to
myself.

Many thanks to Joff, Ewald and others for helping out. Maybe I'll just buy
lunch as a consolation and send the rest to Andras. ;-) For now I'm either
going to go to the gym or take a nap as this rollercoaster ride has left me
feeling hungover emotionally and physically.

Thanks again to all who have supported us. I've given a little less attention
to the project this year but the groundwork has been laid in my business for
me to have more time and finances to focus more calmly and consistently on
Quanta 4.0.
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org