List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] konsole window
From:       Chris Martin <linux () chriscodes ! com>
Date:       2005-08-23 0:05:14

Sasha Andric wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is something I think should be there by default,
>
> Go to Settings>Plugins and add new plugin.
> For name type "Konsole" and select some icon
> Output window: Separate toolview
> Location: you may leave blank
> File name:  kde3/libkonsolepart.la
> Input:  select project folder
> have "read only part" checked
>
> Now Konsole should show up on the plugins menu. To add it to plugins toolbar
> you will have to Settings>Configure Toolbar and select Plugins Toolbar and
> modify it (add console to it).
>
> Sasha

This seems to disappear after Quanta is restarted. I am using the 3.4.0
kubuntu package.

The plugin entry is there, but the file name, icon, and input disappear.

The icon selection dialog when launched from the Configure Plugin
dialog, seems buggy too.
I can't type anything into the search field, and once I select the
konsole icon, it renames the Name field in the Configure Plugin Dialog.

I know the search field normally works for me, when launched from other
apps (kicker, ksmoothdock, etc.)

In addition, after I've restarted, and fixed the things above, I can't
configure, or remove it.
The configuration dialog comes up for the other plugins, just not this one.

I guess it's time to upgrade. Assuming it's fixed in a recent version.