List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] 8016 error
From:       Linus McCabe <Linus () mccabe ! nu>
Date:       2005-08-21 20:05:29

Hi

(List: at one point the list address dissapeared from the mailheaders, but now
that the problem is solved, I thought Id better get this to the list as
well.)

On Sunday 21 August 2005 20.58, you wrote:
> Linus,
>
> WHAT I DID (1):  As you suggested went to /etc/selinux/config and made
> 'SELINUX=disabled.
>
> RESULTS (1): Now, when I go to my web browser, go to StartSession.php, and
> 'Enter the path of the script you wish to debug', then I do NOT get the
> 8016 error, rather, I'm able to debug(?) as I am able to execute fast,
> slow, step, step into, step to end, and step over.  When I complete my test
> php script, the results appear in the WEB BROWSER window.
>
> QUESTION (1): Is the correct?  That is, I don't get intermediate results in
> the Quanta+/Gubed 'Debug Output' window nor  final results.  Only in the
> web server window, and only when the php executes the final '?>' step.

Great that you got it to work! :)

You will only get the output in quanta's debug output view if you initiate the
debug request from quanta (the big black play button called 'send http
request' or something like that).

You can't currently get it in both quanta and browser (and personally i dont
see the point?)

Furthermore, because Gubed needs to parse the generated html, it cannot output
anything to the browser until all is done.

> WHAT I DID (2): Getting more encouraged, I decide to go and see which
> SELinux setting may be the bad guy. I went to KMenu -> SystemSettings ->
> Security Level.  Then in the pop window I selected the SELinux tab.  In
> there, I went to the 'HTTPD Service' button.  I noticed that the 'Allow
> HTTPD scripts to connect to the network' option was not checked (disabled),
> so I checked it (enabled it).

This seems better than disabling SELinux completely.

> QUESTIONS (2) and remarks: As I said above, I expected intermediate results
> (and final results) in the Quanta's 'Debug Output' window, in addition to
> the final results in the web browser window when the script completes.  Is
> this just because I'm using php scripts?  If I used HTML, C++, etc., would
> I see intermediate results?  Do you have a good test script I could use to
> test things out?  Also, is there a good tutorial for using Gubed/Quata?
> Most tutorials I've seen just tell you how to set it up.

Unfortunately there is no tutorial that describes usage (that i know of), but
there is the 'Gubed Testbench' on the main page of your Gubed installation,
which has a few different scripts to test different things.

> Let me know if there is anything else I need to  do, especially with
> SELInux and the set-up in general.

Once you've familiarized youyrself with the debugger, feel free to write a
tutorial that describes usage ;)

cheers

/LInus