List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] 8016 error
From:       linus () mccabe ! nu
Date:       2005-08-09 4:17:05

Hello!

The error you get means the debugger is trying to connect to quanta on the
same computer as the webserver. Is Quanta running on the same computer as
the web server? If not - change/create a Gubed localsettings.php file.

See step 3d of http://www.very-clever.com/quanta-gubed-debugging.php for
instructions of this, only $gbdDebugServer should have the address to the
computer running Quanta.

If the webserver is indeed running on the same server as Quanta, it means
Quanta is not set to listen for debugger activity.

You will need to create a Quanta project and after it's created open the
project settings. Select Gubed as debugger in the bottom part of the
screen.
You'll also have to click to dislay the options of Gubed and configure it
to your liking (make sure that its using the 8016 port there!).

After you've selected a debugger in the project dialog and clicked ok,
Quanta should activate it immediately. You can verify by going to the menu
"debug / Session / Start Session". If it's active, this menu will be grey,
otherwise chose it.

Once Quanta is running with debugger activated, if it still doesent work,
try to do a "netstat -l" and see if any program is using port 8016 and let
me know.

/Linus