List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] 8016 error
From:       <david.garcia () verizon ! net>
Date:       2005-08-08 22:31:46

Problem:  I'm a newbie, but I managed to install and configure Quanta+ (per \
quanta.txt and serversetup.txt) staright away, and 'everything' seems to be okay.  \
Already had webserver running, so didn't need to do that, but put in Gubbed php \
scripts in path per instructions. When I open firefox web browser, go to \
'StartSession.php' to 'specify script to debug' and hit the debug button, I get the \
following error in Firfox:

    "Unable to connect to debug server on localhost:8016. Make sure your client (and \
proxy if you need it) is started, properly configured and waiting for connections."

Going to the 'GubedTest' and doing the frist test 'Run with debugger activated' gives \
me the same error.

Question: What do I need to do to enable the webserver to connect to the \
debug-server/Quanta+/Gubed?  Everything in Quanta+/Gubed is configured per the \
instructions (and looks like many of the screen shots I've seen on the web.)  A more \
savy Linux user than myself suggested I do:

	"%/sbin/iptables -F"

but that didn't fix the problem. Also tried Systemtools-->Securitylever-->otherports \
8016:tcp, but no cigar!  Any, ideas???  I'm jealous of all you guys who have got it \
to work!

My System Set-up Specifics:
Quanta+ 3.4.2  (install via 'yum install kdewebdev')
GubedQuanta3_4 (download and put in path per instructions)
PHP 5.0.4
Apache 2.0.54 (Fedora)
Fedora Core 4 (kernel-2.6.12-1.1398_FC4)

Please let me know what else you need that my shed light on my problem.  I'm hoping \
this is an 'easy' error since I didn't find anyone else asking this dumb question!

Thanks,

--dave