List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta and ftp
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-08-01 19:47:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 01 August 2005 21:37, Lovell Mcilwain wrote:
> Andras Mantia wrote:
> > On Monday 01 August 2005 18:52, Lovell Mcilwain wrote:
> >>Can anyone tell me how Quant works with ftp files?  Is it kinda the
> >>same as Dreamweaver?
> >
> > I don't know about Dreamweaver, but it works like any other KDE
> > application. ;-)
>
> Unfortunately I use gnome instead of kde so a majority of my apps are
> gnome related.

The idea is simple, if you use ftp://username@host/... in the File->Open
dialog, it should work. If you do the same in Project->Open Project,
that should work as well.

> > No, you can either:
> > - open them directly with File->Open
> > - setup a project there and use it from Quanta (reopte project)
>
> I did try editing the file directly from the server that is how I
> kept getting the blank new document.

This is why I asked to test it in Konqueror and Kate. Both are using the
same technology, so it is easy to find if QUanta is the problem or the
KDE libraries or the FTP server you are using. Have you tried with
another FTP server or with the fish:// protocol? The latter needs only
ssh on the server.

> > PS: What is your Quanta and KDE version?
>
> I am using Quanta Plus 3.4 and Gnome
I suppose the KDE libraries are also 3.4.0, but just to be sure, please
check. You must have them installed.

Andras