List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Project Question; Compiling Successful
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-07-22 3:43:10

On Thursday 21 July 2005 5:05 pm, Jerry Smith wrote:
> First, thanks to all for getting me through the compiling of Quanta
> 3.4.1. I finally made it following Andras' and Eric's directions.
>
> Now, I'm struggling with another question. I'm trying to initiate a
> project downloading all the files from the web site that I manage. I can
> get all the files listed on the second wizard page "Insert files in
> project" but they don't transfer to the Quantas project panel, so that I
> can load them for editing. I have tried numerous paths in the project
> wizard but nothing has worked, so far. Interestingly, I was able to that
> with Quantas 3.3.1, though I still had to play with the path.
> I've been managing the site for a year, accessing it for updates very
> frequently, so I know what path should work. I using the ftp protocol,
> which should work, but doesn't. What might I be doing wrong?
>
> Jerry
To be candid I have not initiated a new project for a while. I have plenty
enough existing. I believe it should be adding the files as it did but
haven't verified all is working as expected. If they were download then you
can also add them to the project from the project menu. New files need to be
added specifically because you can have supplemental files in the area not in
the project. If you didn't get the download then you can also use Konqueror.
I like to do a split panel for management.

If you can confirm it's not getting the files or not adding them then file a
bug. If anyone else has recently initiated a new project and can confirm it
has been then feel free to post.
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org