List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Accent problems in Fedora Core 3 and Quanta+
From:       Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <edson.richter () mgrinformatica ! com ! br>
Date:       2005-06-27 11:19:44

Yes, that's my problem...

Since all my base is Fedora Core based, I can't just tell "hey, you,
let's change everything to SuSE now!".

This takes very long time to migrate all stations and servers to another
distribution, get people trained to work on different config
options/places, etc.

In meanwhile, I'll stay researching for a Fedora solution.

<OT> In real, that's the big deal with OS software (specially Linux):
every app has their own place and way to configure... In my dreams, I'll
have power of Linux and easy to configure of "other" OSs. :)</OT>

Best regards,

Richter

Andras Mantia escreveu:

>On Tuesday 21 June 2005 19:41, Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter wrote:
>

>>My OS is configured as
>>
>>/etc/sysconfig/i18n:
>>LANG=pt_BR.iso-8859-1;pt_BR
>>
>>I'm not opening a file in "iso 8859-1 mode"...
>>
>>But let me know: your os is Fedora Core 3 too?
>>

>No, I have Suse...
>

>>I've seen skeptikal people talking about "this doesn't happen here",
>>but they are using SuSE or Debian...
>>
>>I think there is some outdated (or too recent) lib causing this
>>problem... I had no problems with Quanta until FC1.
>>

>As I never used Fedora, I cannot comment on their library usage, but
>some strange things happened on Fedora even in earlier releases.
>
>Andras

Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter
MGR Informática Ltda.
Fones: 3347-0446 / 9259-2993