List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] PHP and Class Autocompletion
From:       Aslak Berby <aslak.berby () ecoonline ! com>
Date:       2005-06-10 10:15:34

Quanta got a kind of class autocompletion.

if I do:
$a = new aClass;

then start typing:
$a->
it will show all functions in the class.

But the following construction does not work with autocompletion:
$a = &new aClass;
$a = new aClass();
$a = &new aClass();

Is there an option to set this?

Why the "&" and "()"?
The & is used to not create another instance of aClass after it is
created. (If you use $a=new aClass(); Then aClass will be created and
then a copy assigned to $a, while $a = & new aClass(); will assign $a to
the newly created class directly)
The () is for the constructor. You can also assign parameters to the
constructor this way and I also use it thru my projects for constructors
without parameters also.

Aslak