List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Deployment !
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-06-10 0:59:25

> The deployment occurs like this schema :
>

> Local Place XYZ --------(Quanta "Send Project") ---------->/home/my/XYZ
> -------> (in another step - ssh) ---------- copy Modified Programs
> --------> DocummentRoot
>
> (*) To support this "transmition" I setup: Machine= <remote IP> /
> Protocol= <sftp> / Remote Dir= <myHome> and User/Password/Port as my
> "Send Profile" settings. This is running very well.

Why can't you directly upload your files into the DocummentRoot on the server?
Maybe you have to switch from sftp to fish for this? If you can ssh you
should be able to use fish as well.

Another solution could be a symlink from the DokumentRoot into the home folder
of the server and a change in Apaches configuration to follow symlinks.

Jens