List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] State of Quanta PHP Debugging support?
From:       "Brian G. Peterson" <brian () braverock ! com>
Date:       2005-05-18 19:40:55

On Wednesday 18 May 2005 09:54 am, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 May 2005 17:27, Brian G. Peterson wrote:
> > We're currently testing the procedure listed in this HOWTO for
> > http://www.very-clever.com/quanta-gubed-debugging.php
> > and we're hopeful that this will fulfill our needs, but...
> >
> > My development team uses XDebug almost exclusively. :(
> >
> > Given that XDebug includes a GDB and DGBp protocol interface, and
> > that an earlier version of Quanta supported GDB, what stands in the
> > way of supporting XDebug integration in Quanta?
> >
> > I found Andras' comment that it only takes some time, and a German
> > (old, Q+ 3.3) interview with Eric about the plans to suppport more
> > debuggers soon, but nothing really definitive.
>
> What we miss is someone to implement the  XDebug specific code for our
> debugging interface. But if XDebug has a GDB like protocol, it might be
> possible that when finally Quanta merges with KDevelop we will able to
> use it. But as this won't happen (in a stable release) before next
> year, I'd be more than happy if someone takes the time and makes XDebug
> work with the current Quanta, like Linus did with Gubed.

OK, It looks like Gubed is installed with kdewebdev by default on Gentoo.

/usr/kde/3.4/lib/kde3/quantadebuggergubed.so
/usr/kde/3.4/lib/kde3/quantadebuggergubed.la
/usr/kde/3.4/share/apps/quanta/scripts/gubed_install.kmdr
/usr/kde/3.4/share/apps/quanta/scripts/gubed_install.kmdr.info
/usr/kde/3.4/share/services/quantadebuggergubed.desktop

I see the Global Script for Gubed Install written by Andras, but when I try to
Run Script from inside Quanta, I get an error:

Unable to create dialog from file:
/usr/kde/3.4/share/apps/quanta/scripts/gubed_install.kmdr

When I try to run it directly form the command line with the command:
"kmdr-executor -c
quanta /usr/kde/3.4/share/apps/quanta/scripts/gubed_install.kmdr"

I get the above error dialog, and also the folowing editor on the command
line:
KommanderFactory::loadPlugins - Can't load Kommander plugin library
libkommanderwidgets

Andras or Linus, any pointers?

Regards,

  -  Brian