List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] State of Quanta PHP Debugging support?
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-05-18 14:54:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 18 May 2005 17:27, Brian G. Peterson wrote:
> We're currently testing the procedure listed in this HOWTO for
> http://www.very-clever.com/quanta-gubed-debugging.php
> and we're hopeful that this will fulfill our needs, but...
>
> My development team uses XDebug almost exclusively. :(
>
> Given that XDebug includes a GDB and DGBp protocol interface, and
> that an earlier version of Quanta supported GDB, what stands in the
> way of supporting XDebug integration in Quanta?
>
> I found Andras' comment that it only takes some time, and a German
> (old, Q+ 3.3) interview with Eric about the plans to suppport more
> debuggers soon, but nothing really definitive.

What we miss is someone to implement the  XDebug specific code for our
debugging interface. But if XDebug has a GDB like protocol, it might be
possible that when finally Quanta merges with KDevelop we will able to
use it. But as this won't happen (in a stable release) before next
year, I'd be more than happy if someone takes the time and makes XDebug
work with the current Quanta, like Linus did with Gubed.

Andras