List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Best remote editing techniques for Quanta
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-05-02 10:41:00

Hi Craig,

> Been playing around with Quanta's Project setup and don't find it as
> straight forward as it maybe should be. It seems that to directly access
> the files, I have to kind of pipe through an ftp request via the
> File->Open dialogs.

I don't get what the question is about.
If you want to work directly on your server you may setup your project with
FTP or NFS or FISH or whatever your KDE installation offers you and your
server is capable of. Once you setup a remote project it is just a click in
the project tree to open a file. Why do you have to go thru File-Open?

For a remote project just select Project|New Project... and fill in the Server
Settings.

But I would recommend to setup a local project and upload the results to your
server. This is faster and gives you a kind of backup on the server if you
mess with your local project. It also does not create backup copies and the
project file on the server.

Jens