List:       quanta
Subject:    [Quanta] Best remote editing techniques for Quanta
From:       Craig McCormick <craig () lamppost ! info>
Date:       2005-04-29 14:35:37

Hello, I've finally shifted the last of my need over to Linux and
gleefully waved goodby to windows. I had been using Windows as a
desktop, writing php scripts in phpExpertEditor, which allows you to
load and save to an ftp server, as seemlessly as if it were on localhost.

Been playing around with Quanta's Project setup and don't find it as
straight forward as it maybe should be. It seems that to directly access
the files, I have to kind of pipe through an ftp request via the
File->Open dialogs.
How do other webdevs go about this process?
My desktop, is FC3 and I've recently up2dated Quanta.
My server is RH9, though soon to be 'upgraded' to FC3.

I'm looking at setting up nfs shares, ensuring that I only allow nfs
access from the IP address of my desktop machine. Would this be recommended?

Appreciate any advice offered.

Regards,
Craig McCormick