List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta 3.4 FTP RPM
From:       Kimberly Lazarski <kim () biyn ! com>
Date:       2005-04-27 0:32:47

On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 14:09, Pablo Minetti wrote:
> It's ok but there is no RPM, i have to compile it. That could be easy if i
> know how to do
> what i don īt know is how to make an rpm from source, i always have
> problems!!
> thanks

Hello Pablo,

The only time you really want to "make an RPM" is if you want to
distribute the package to others.

Do you mean you want to install from source?   Well, first the project
needs to be compiled. First you go to a command prompt, untar the
project (usually source will be in a .tgz, .tar, or other archive
format) into its own directory, switch to that directory, then run
'./configure' followed by './make' and then once the project has
successfully compiled run './make install' in order to actually install
Quanta+ (and other KDE web development components) to your system.

Keep in mind that KDE 3.4 binaries and headers will be required in order
to successfully compile and run Quanta+ 3.4

--Kim