List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Directory Mapping dialog EVERY time I debug after
From:       Kimberly Lazarski <kim () biyn ! com>
Date:       2005-04-06 23:48:42

I had intended to post this sooner, but forgot to. :(

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 13:37, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Monday 04 April 2005 20:18, Kimberly Lazarski wrote:
>
> > Where is it located now?
>
> In the KDE CVS. :-)

Ah, makes sense, since it was merged into kdewebdev. I should have
thought of that!

Anyhow, I did a get, compiled it (NO problems compiling!), and tried it.
At first I thought it was still broken because when I opened an existing
project (GubedTest) where I *KNOW* I set the mapping in the project
settings, and tried setting a breakpoint, it prompted me.  Trusting
Linus' work, I decided it had to be a project problem. So, I went back
to the project settings, and the directory mapping was blank! (I *know*
I set it with the previous build). Anyway, I re-entered "/" and tried
setting a breakpoint - viola! It worked!

I then closed the project, closed Quanta, then reopened everything to
verify that a) it saved correctly and b) it actually works.

Sure enough, the directory mapping was saved in the (GubedTest) project
settings, I could set breakpoints, debug the project, etc. - Everything
worked as expecting.

Long story short, the fix worked. Great job, Linus!  Let's see Microsoft
or even Apple turn around a bug fix that quickly (yeah right!)   I'll be
trying it with a real project (OS Commerce) on Friday, after I upgrade
everyone to KDE 3.4.x tomorrow.

--Kim