List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Directory Mapping dialog EVERY time I debug after 3.4.0
From:       Linus McCabe <Linus () mccabe ! nu>
Date:       2005-04-04 16:29:08

On Monday 04 April 2005 17.42, Kimberly Lazarski wrote:
> I run it from the Suse distribution. Suse 9.1, upgraded from KDE 3.2.x
> to 3.3.2 and now to 3.4 using YaST, from Suse's RPMs on Suse's FTP site
> (the supplementary tree).

Ok, I've committed a fix to the 3.4 CVS branch and HEAD, but of course, it
will take some time until there are new packages made...

If you have the option of trying the 3.4 CVS version, please go ahead!

For local projects, you need to set both local and server basedirs to / in
project settings to indicate you're using a local project where no mapping is
required (after the fix).

> I am running your very latest Gubed release and have tried the older
> version as well. I didn't think it would have any impact on either issue
> but I wanted to rule it out.

When using Quanta, there are always special packages of Gubed to use, since
Quanta releases are never in sync with Gubed releases...

They can be found here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=75605&package_id=122443

> > If I'm lucky I can find a 'trace' or equivalent string some place.

I wasnt, and perhaps it's better to wait for next Quanta release anyway, to
avoid even further confusion...

Anyway, I'm still not sure the current mapping mechanism is optimal, but it
should work better after the fix.

/Linus