List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Installing Quanta 3.3.2
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-02-20 0:52:55

On Saturday 19 February 2005 12:38 pm, Dennis Dixon wrote:
> I am probably doing something really basic wrong, but this is what happens
> when I try to install Quanta 3.3.2.
>
> I run:  ./configure
>
> I get the following message:  checking for Qt... configure: error:
> Qt(>=Qt3.2)(libraryqt-mt) not found please check your installation.
>
> When I try to run:  make
> I get no make file found.
>
> My computer is Red Hat 7.2, kernel 2.4.7-10
>
> Thanks for any help you can pass on.

You're sort of on your own here as you're pretty much rebuilding your system
from source and from scratch at this time. There is no support for new RPMs
for this as there will be too many binary incompatibilities, the achilles
heel of RPM. It could have been made more compatible, but that wouldn't have
sold boxed sets. ;-)

I'm sure you would have a much too early version of KDE. Aside from upgrading
Qt you will also need at least kdelibs 3.2 and 3.3 is much better. For this
you will probably discover about a half dozen small supplemental libraries
you need to install or replace. It can be done, but it requires a bit more
commitment than a casual upgrade. I'd like to think it's worthwhile. You
might look at Debian or Gentoo if you hate updating CD based distributions.

--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.sourceforge.net  sequitur@kde.org