List:       quagga-dev
Subject:    [quagga-dev 6722] Re: Netlink and routes
From:       Denis Ovsienko <pilot () etcnet ! org>
Date:       2009-06-25 8:29:24

> Hi, I'm developing a provider for sblim (http://sblim.wiki.sourceforge.net/)
> using netlink sockets, this provider must give a routes list based on user
> specified parameters. My question is, how can I identify a route created by
> quagga, like an ospf route (by ospfd).... how can I differentiate between a
> static route and a dinamic route? both questions using netlink sockets.

There is "zebra" process, which internally performs summarization of
all routing information. The result is then fed into kernel as a series
of routes. Each such route has "protocol" attribute set to "zebra" (or
PROTO1). This can be easily seen in "ip route ls" (or "netstat -rn")
output in Linux (or FreeBSD). It is not possible to tell the origin of
each "zebra" route at kernel level.

> Other question is: Where is stored the administrative distance configuration
> used by ospf, bgp, etc...?

Which particular distance?