List:       quagga-dev
Subject:    [quagga-dev 5559] Re: ospf network command w.r.t unnumberdinterfaces
From:       paul () clubi ! ie
Date:       2008-07-02 16:48:50

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

> I was hoping the commit msg in the patches I sent would do as
> "ChangeLog".

Well, it could, but you've diverged from the requested format (see
'HACKING::CHANGELOG'). It seems a bit verbose, but there's a
rationale behind, to quote:

"The reason for such itemised ChangeLogs is to encourage the author
  to self-review every line of the patch, as well as provide reviewers
  an index of which changes are intended, along with a short
  description for each. "

It's possible this rationale is bone-headed, and we can debate that
and maybe change the format, but till then it'd be nice get
ChangeLog's in the requested format. ;)

> I did start adding entries to the ChangeLog file(s)
> but quickly gave up as reordering patches always produces conflicts
> in the ChangeLog file.

Yes, merge-nightmare.

If you put them as the commit message in your SCM and supply that
with your patches, that'd be fine too.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma	paul@clubi.ie	paul@jakma.org	Key ID: 64A2FF6A