List:       quagga-dev
Subject:    [quagga-dev 4477] Re: Multipath with OSPF
From:       "Andrew J. Schorr" <aschorr () telemetry-investments ! com>
Date:       2006-11-14 18:45:55

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 04:22:18PM -0200, Adriano Carvalho wrote:
> This sounds good..I could use TEQL, but how will ospfd understand the TEQL?
> I´ve seen that TEQL just will take the default route (even with 2 defaults
> GW´s) and make the multipath. And if ospfd will take off the route (by i.e.,
> one link has gone down), and apply ONE gateway (the second is down), TEQL will
> understand by the same way ??
> If quagga could work together with TEQL, it will be great. What do you think ?

It's a bit complicated.  We have done this in the past using TEQL over
4 T1 links with quagga/ospfd.  But it requires a few tricks.
Searching in the mailing list archives for teql should help,
but here is a relevant link from my colleague:

   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=quagga-users&m=112860554309842&w=2

But the basic problem you will have is making sure that link-detect
works properly to remove the link when it goes down.  In the case
of a T1 circuit, the driver can probably detect correctly whether
there is good end-to-end connectivity.  In the worst case,
you might have to add some monitoring code on the side to try to detect
when one of the links goes down and dynamically remove bad links from
the teql group (if link-detect is not sufficient).

Regards,
Andy