List:       qmail-ldap
Subject:    core size prevents QL from working?
From:       Toni Mueller <support () oeko ! net>
Date:       2009-11-25 18:54:01

Hi,

I've just upgraded a server from OpenBSD 4.4 to 4.6, and qmail-ldap
stopped working, throwing tons of the "CNAME_lookup_failed_temporarily"
errors. I recompiled everything, but nothing changed.

Then I added "ulimit -c 204800" to qmail's startup script, and about
three quarters of the deliveries started to work.

So I thought I'd actually solve the problem and bumped the packet size
to 64k, as suggested by Henning in his LWQ guide, but some domains
still fail, despite having reasonable DNS setups. Eg. for
hzw.ltindia.com, I can do successful DNS lookups right on the affected
host, using the same name server as the qmail-ldap installation, but
the logs still hold the CNAME error. I can prove that these errors
didn't occur on OpenBSD 4.4.

Does anyone have a quick idea about solving the problem?

TIA!

Kind regards,
--Toni++