List:       qmail
Subject:    Aliases
From:       Peter Gordon <peter () valor ! com>
Date:       2000-12-06 14:01:31

I have qmail set up with the smtproutes file as follows:

lists.valor.com:
ftp2.valor.com:ftp2.valor.com
.valor.com:vsun14.valor.com
valor.com:vsun14.valor.com

This qmail server is currently only used for routing mail to vsun14.

Let's assume that incoming mail is addressed to user1@valor.com
and user2@valor.com. I want to be able to choose that email
to user1@valor.com continues to vsun14.valor.com, but that mail
to user2@valor.com goes to ftp2.valor.com.

I understand that I have to add aliases to ~alias. I also have to add
a control/virtualdomains file which I don't have at the moment.

I am working on a live system and don't want to disrupt the email
by making mistakes.

I want to be able to move users incrementally from mail server
vsun14 to ftp2.

The questions are:

   If I add a virtual domain without aliases, what will happen to the
   mail?

   What is the best approach to reroute individual users given that I
   have smtproutes set up?

Thanks,

Peter
--
Peter Gordon
Tel: (972) 8 9432430 Ext: 129 Cell phone: 054 438029 Fax: (972) 8