List:       qmail
Subject:    Re: Patch for qmail-inject -f
From:       Jonathan de Boyne Pollard <J.deBoynePollard () tesco ! net>
Date:       2003-04-30 21:33:08

JdeBP> The _actual_ problem is in the "sendmail" shim that comes with
JdeBP> "qmail". Its "-f" option has different semantics to the real
JdeBP> "sendmail"'s "-f" option.  A correct patch would alter
JdeBP> "sendmail.c" so that supplying "-f" would cause the shim to
JdeBP> also set the ${MAILUSER} and ${MAILHOST} environment variables
JdeBP> (by analogy to the existing behaviour of "-F" setting the
JdeBP> ${MAILNAME} environment variable).

DP> You're absolutely correct.  I don't know why I didn't think of
DP> doing that.

Write the patch, and I'll list it on
<URL:http://homepages.tesco.net./~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/qmail-problems.html>
.