List:       qmail
Subject:    Re: HELP!!!
From:       Chris Johnson <dcj-dated-1030823021.omggkgcc () palomine ! net>
Date:       2002-08-31 19:50:44

Please don't reply to an unrelated message. If you want to send a new message
to the list, create a new message. Replying to an unrelated message screws up
threading in MUAs that support it and in list archives. Also, a more
descriptive subject than 'HELP!!!" would be nice.

On Sat, Aug 31, 2002 at 10:13:39PM +0300, Nestor Jaba-an wrote:
> I've been trying to setup my qmail server and I'm having this problem for
> almost one-week now!: I CANNOT receive email from outside, like yahoo or
> hotmail.
>
> here's my setup:
> ===========
> I'm using tinydns and I've already setup an MX record for o2runsystems.com
> with ip-address: 213.238.15.133. I can send and receive emails locally and I
> can even send emails outside, e.g., to yahoo or hotmail.  The *only* problem
> I have is I CANNOT RECEIVE from outside.
>
> When I confer this to a friend who was connected outside, he told me that he
> cannot see stmp port 25.  I tested this myself and I can only see ports 110
> and 143, no port 25.  It seems that I'm being blocked somewhere (please can
> anyone verify this). I suspected my router is blocking me, so what I did is
> I put 213.238.15.133 machine in DMZ.

I can't reach port 25 on 213.238.15.133 from where I'm sitting either. There
are a couple of possibilities. One is, as you suspect, your ISP or someone else
upstream of you is blocking the connection. Another, probably more likely, is
that you're not running an SMTP server on your host at all.

That's as far as anyone will be able to help you with what you've given. Have
you configured qmail-smtpd? If so, how? Do your OS's tools indicate that
anything is listening to port 25? What do your logs say?

Chris