List:       qmail
Subject:    Re: error message
From:       Wolfgang Pichler <wpichler () dialog-gruppe ! at>
Date:       2002-06-29 8:12:22

here is the output of qmail-showctl:
<snip>
qmail home directory: /var/qmail.
user-ext delimiter: -.
paternalism (in decimal): 2.
silent concurrency limit: 120.
subdirectory split: 23.
user ids: 507, 501, 502, 0, 503, 504, 505, 506.
group ids: 101, 102.

badmailfrom:
bizinfo@earthlink.net not accepted in MAIL FROM.
@earthlink.net not accepted in MAIL FROM.

bouncefrom: (Default.) Bounce user name is MAILER-DAEMON.

bouncehost: (Default.) Bounce host name is dialog-gruppe.at.

concurrencylocal: Local concurrency is 60.

concurrencyremote: Remote concurrency is 60.

databytes: (Default.) SMTP DATA limit is 0 bytes.

defaultdomain: (Default.) Default domain name is dialog-gruppe.at.

defaulthost: (Default.) Default host name is dialog-gruppe.at.

doublebouncehost: (Default.) 2B recipient host: dialog-gruppe.at.

doublebounceto: (Default.) 2B recipient user: postmaster.

envnoathost: (Default.) Presumed domain name is dialog-gruppe.at.

helohost: (Default.) SMTP client HELO host name is dialog-gruppe.at.

idhost: Message-ID host name is dialog-gruppe.at.

localiphost: Local IP address becomes dialog-gruppe.at.

locals:
Messages for localhost are delivered locally.

me: My name is dialog-gruppe.at.

percenthack: (Default.) The percent hack is not allowed.

plusdomain: Plus domain name is .

qmqpservers: (Default.) No QMQP servers.

queuelifetime: Message lifetime in the queue is 3600 seconds.

rcpthosts:
SMTP clients may send messages to recipients at dialog-gruppe.at.
SMTP clients may send messages to recipients at dialog-online.at.
SMTP clients may send messages to recipients at dialog-market.at.
SMTP clients may send messages to recipients at dasbranchenbuch.at.
SMTP clients may send messages to recipients at dermarktplatz.at.

morercpthosts: (Default.) No effect.

morercpthosts.cdb: (Default.) No effect.

smtpgreeting: (Default.) SMTP greeting: 220 dialog-gruppe.at.

smtproutes: (Default.) No artificial SMTP routes.

timeoutconnect: (Default.) SMTP client connection timeout is 60 seconds.

timeoutremote: (Default.) SMTP client data timeout is 1200 seconds.

timeoutsmtpd: (Default.) SMTP server data timeout is 1200 seconds.

virtualdomains:
Virtual domain: dialog-gruppe.at:email
Virtual domain: dialog-online.at:donline
Virtual domain: dialog-market.at:dmarket
Virtual domain: dasbranchenbuch.at:branchen
Virtual domain: dermarktplatz.at:market

checkpassword: I have no idea what this file does.

concurrencyincoming: I have no idea what this file does.

defaultdelivery: I have no idea what this file does.

</snip>

> Well, they're right -- "rs2.realserver" is not a valid FQDN.
> Post the output of `qmail-showctl` (unedited) for us to help further.

I knwo that rs1.realserver isn't a FQDN, but the message is going from
rs1.realserver to mail.dialog-gruppe.at and then to the recipient mail
server - and mail.dialog-gruppe.at is a FQDN.

<qmail@discworld.dyndns.org>
http://www.qcc.ca/~charlesc/software/
http://www.qcc.ca/~charlesc/writings/12-steps-to-qmail-list-bliss.html