List:       qgis-user
Subject:    Re: [Qgis-user] lots of log messages after label appllication
From:       Larry Shaffer <larrys () dakotacarto ! com>
Date:       2014-03-28 15:56:58

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi Pietro,

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 6:06 AM, Pietro Rossin <pierigis@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
> I have a multipolygon (postgis) that has complex geometries in it.
> It loads with no problem and I can apply a style without issues.
> When I try to label it I get a lot of messages in qgis log, like the below
> ones:
>
> Eccezione: IllegalArgumentException: Invalid number of points in LinearRing
> found 3 - must be 0 or >= 4
> Eccezione: IllegalArgumentException: holes must not contain null elements
>
> St_isvalid returns true for all geometries..

What version of QGIS are you using? There are possibly related fixes to
this in master and backported to the release-2_2 branch [0,1].

Try turning off 'Simplify geometry' under Rendering in Layer Properties
dialog, and see if that suppresses the error. While your data has valid
geometries, the simplification process may have generated invalid ones
(what the commits are intended to fix).

[0] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/1f21273
[1] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/5b824ac

Regards,