List:       python-list
Subject:    Re: idle /idlefork slackware
From:       Rick Miles <rickfrm () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2003-06-11 10:15:27

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 01:30 pm, Todd Stephens was bold enough to write::
> This was brought up on the Tutor mailing list last week, actually.  No,
> Idle is not included in the Slackware Python packages, and several other
> Python "goodies" are also left out.  It is pretty much as bare-bones a
> package as you could get by with.  An email was forwarded to Pat V, but I
> doubt he is overly concerned with the Python package.  I suppose you could
> uninstall the default package, download the source tarball, do a configure
> and make, then do makepkg on it, then install it.  That way you would get
> the full Python install and it would be registered in the package manager.
> Personally, I don't use Idle that much.  I usually run KDE and use Kate.

Thanks Todd,

Just what Python packages and "goodies" should I be looking to install if I
were to go for Idle on Slack instead of using Kate?

Kate was a surprise, never used it before as I usually use mcedit, sometimes,
kedit, and wxpe when I ocasionally mess with C.

 TIA
--
Rick Miles