On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 01:30 pm, Todd Stephens was bold enough to write:: > This was brought up on the Tutor mailing list last week, actually. No, > Idle is not included in the Slackware Python packages, and several other > Python "goodies" are also left out. It is pretty much as bare-bones a > package as you could get by with. An email was forwarded to Pat V, but I > doubt he is overly concerned with the Python package. I suppose you could > uninstall the default package, download the source tarball, do a configure > and make, then do makepkg on it, then install it. That way you would get > the full Python install and it would be registered in the package manager. > Personally, I don't use Idle that much. I usually run KDE and use Kate. > Thanks Todd, Just what Python packages and "goodies" should I be looking to install if I were to go for Idle on Slack instead of using Kate? Kate was a surprise, never used it before as I usually use mcedit, sometimes, kedit, and wxpe when I ocasionally mess with C. TIA -- Rick Miles ################################################### A silver bowl filled with snow And a heron hidden in moonlight Are similar but not the same; Put them together and they are distinct. -- http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-list