List:       python-ldap-dev
Subject:    Re: slow bind
From:       Wido Depping <wido.depping () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-08-01 13:40:06

On 7/28/05, jacob martinson <martinson.jacob@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a small script using python-ldap in python-2.3 and it takes
> about 3.5 seconds to perform a simple bind to our server.  I can
> perform a complete search from the command line with ldapsearch in
> about 0.02 sec.
>
> I've appended the code & timing output.  Am I missing something here?

Your code seems to be okay, although I'm using simple_bind() instead
of bind(). On a local server Luma needs about 0,006 sec for an
authenticated bind and about 0,1s for a complete search, which
includes creating a thread, updating the gui and packing the ldap
results in a special object.

For me the only difference are the functions used for the bind
operation. I didn't have a look at the sourcecode, but maybe the
others have an idea what's going wrong.

mfg.
  Wido
--