List:       python-distutils-sig
Subject:    Re: [Distutils] Buildout plans (Re:  Setuptools plans?)
From:       "Jeff Shell" <eucci.group () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-12-28 18:28:27

On Dec 28, 2007 8:43 AM, Jim Fulton <jim@zope.com> wrote:

> On Dec 28, 2007, at 9:48 AM, Jeff Shell wrote:
> > Same thing goes for buildout: any roadmap or plans?
>
> I consider buildout to be pretty mature at this point. I have no plans
> for major changes. There are a number of small things I'd like to do
> (or would be happy to see others do).

What are those small things?

I would love to replace the default README.txt used for the PyPI page
with something written more like a manual / man page / quickstart. It
could be based on what is already written, but just cleaned up. I
think the 'zopeproject' page is a good example. I'd like to do this
for some of the other core recipes (zc.recipe.filestorage, for
example). It's been a while since I've given anything significant (or
even insignificant) back to the community besides stressed out ranting
and bitching. I think this would be a good place to start.

http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/zopeproject

--
Jeff Shell