List:       python-cpp-sig
Subject:    [C++-sig] [Boost.Python] shared_ptr<const T>
From:       roman.yakovenko () gmail ! com (Roman Yakovenko)
Date:       2006-11-24 21:02:25

On 11/23/06, David Abrahams <dave at boost-consulting.com> wrote:
> Your overload of get_pointer is clever but unfortunately evil.

Yes I know.

>How about submitting a
> patch to Boost.Python that actually fixes the problem?

I will try, but I am not sure I understand the scope of the problem/solution.
It is pretty easy to fix the pointer_holder::holds and
pointer_holder_back_reference::holds
member functions. I did that and the patch is attached. Is this is all
that should be done?

--
Roman Yakovenko
C++ Python language binding