List:       pykde
Subject:    Re: [PyQt] pyqtdeploy app fails to show window modal dialogs
From:       lloyd konneker <bootch () nc ! rr ! com>
Date:       2014-05-19 21:42:04

Nevermind.

The problem seems to be that I was parenting the dialogs to
QCoreApplication.instance().activeWindow().  Instead, I now parent to an
explicitly passed known window, and now the dialogs appear.

But it was working without pyqtdeploy.  So I suppose it was a race
condition, that pyqtdeploy slightly changes the order(?) and timing of
events?