List:       pykde
Subject:    Re: [PyKDE] Systray icons in PyQt
From:       Torsten Marek <shlomme () gmx ! net>
Date:       2004-05-29 16:36:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

Roberto Alsina schrieb:
>>Hello,
>>
>>2nd version of ctypes code and Python extension module with one func
>>only.
>>
>>The spec can be found here
>>http://freedesktop.org/Standards/systemtray-spec/systemtray-spec-0.1.html,
>>the code itself is taken from qjackctl (qjackctl.sf.net).
>>
>>When the code has undergone some review, I'll put it into the wiki.
>>Should it be distributed somewhere else? Maybe it could go into the PyQt
>>examples directory?
>

> Honestly? I´d put it up as part of PyQt itself. It´s just too handy.
> Of course The PyQt way would be a sip wrapper instead of this ;-)

If you want to have a sip "wrapper", you'll need a C++ class first,
which then has to be distributed with PyQt or by itself.
Or it could be done as another way of implementing QLabel (another name,
some more functions), but I do not know if it is possible to modify the
constructor in PyQt.

greetings

Torsten

--
Torsten Marek <shlomme@gmx.net>
ID: A244C858 -- FP: 1902 0002 5DFC 856B F146  894C 7CC5 451E A244 C858