List:       pykde
Subject:    Re: [PyKDE] Systray icons in PyQt
From:       Torsten Marek <shlomme () gmx ! net>
Date:       2004-05-27 16:48:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

Phil Thompson schrieb:
> On Thursday 27 May 2004 4:22 pm, you wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>2nd version of ctypes code and Python extension module with one func
>>only.
>>
>>The spec can be found here
>>http://freedesktop.org/Standards/systemtray-spec/systemtray-spec-0.1.html,
>>the code itself is taken from qjackctl (qjackctl.sf.net).
>>
>>When the code has undergone some review, I'll put it into the wiki.
>>Should it be distributed somewhere else? Maybe it could go into the PyQt
>>examples directory?
>

> Fine by me.
>
> I guess what's really needed is a cross-platform QSysTray class.

Of course you are right - but I gave away my harddisk with my win2k
installation, thus, I cannot be of any help regarding
cross-platformness. And is there such a concept on OS X?
Regarding windows, as far as I remember, it is impossible to embed
widgets into the TNA in Windows, just icons by
ShellNotifyIcon{A,W}(...), that makes event handling a bit more
difficult. But I might be proven wrong.

greetings

Torsten

--
Torsten Marek <shlomme@gmx.net>
ID: A244C858 -- FP: 1902 0002 5DFC 856B F146  894C 7CC5 451E A244 C858